AEM has completely redesigned its Controller Modules for its Water/Methanol Injection Systems for easier installation and programming, and has added kit enhancements to improve system performance and simplify installation. AEM now proudly offers water/methanol injection kits for both high compression naturally aspirated and forced induction race engines!
Water/Methanol for High Compression Naturally Aspirated and Forced Induction Gas Engines
AEM offers two different water/methanol controller designs.
One is boost dependent (Kit PN 30-3300) for forced induction vehicles up to 35 PSI of boost. The Boost Dependent controller has an on-board manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor with a molded-in nipple for a boost hose pickup.
The second controller (Kit PN 30-3350) features a multiple input design that enables users to install AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection Kit on both high compression naturally aspirated vehicles (NA) via the MAF/IDC settings and ultra-high boost vehicles (above 35 PSI) using an external MAP sensor. The Multi Input controller works with an external 0-5v voltage-based external MAP sensor, a frequency based input for Injector Duty Cycle (IDC), frequency-based mass airflow (MAF), or a 0-5v voltage-based MAF.
Robust, Easy to Use Controller Designs
The new controller designs feature large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. A plug is integrated into the controller housing for mating to the redesigned wiring harness’s positive-lock connector. The Boost Dependent controller housing has a molded-in, barbed nipple to accept a boost hose and a wiring legend on the back. The Multi Input controller has an easy-to-remove plug covering the programming dipswitches and a programming legend on the back for the 0-5v and frequency based settings. Both controller housings feature an easy to access integrated fuse and molded mounting tabs.
Boost Safe Feature
These new controllers retain the “Boost Safe” injection failsafe system, which is an output that will activate if there is a short, loss of continuity or high or low voltage or low fluid condition, allowing users to define their failsafe strategy from something as simple as flashing a warning light to more advanced strategies like pulling boost or ignition, or switching fuel maps on a standalone engine management system.
The new wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end and has color-coded wires to ease installation. An integrated Pump Ground circuit is included in the harness which simplifies the wiring process and eliminates any chance of the pump accidentally activating from a short in the system. An additional wire is included for adding an optional on/off solenoid to stop fluid flow when the system is inactive.
Improved Injector Flow Rate & Nozzle Sizes
AEM’s engineers spent extensive time revamping the controller’s flow control strategy for a more linear flow output delivery. This means that the flow delivery better matches an engine’s need for water/methanol injection, which further optimizes charge air cooling and detonation control. Three resized injector nozzles are in each kit and allow for improved flow capability (a flow graph is available on our website).
New Low Level Fluid Indicator
A more accurate, conductive low level fluid sensor is integrated into the tank and features a positive lock connector with color-matched wires to the wiring harness. The sensor eliminates any chance of incorrect readings due to interference from debris.
- 30-3300 Boost Dependent kit (up to 35PSI) includes molded-in nipple for boost hose
- 30-3350 Multi Input kit for high compression naturally aspirated and forced induction applications
- Large adjustment knobs and numbering for easy programming
- Covered status LED and test button for improved splash resistance
- Integrated plug for mating to positive-lock connector on harness
- Integrated fuse and mounting tabs
- Terminated harness features positive lock connector with integrated pump ground circuit and additional wire for optional on/off flow solenoid
- 1 Gallon tank with built-in conductive low fluid level indicator
- Includes “Boost Safe” readiness failsafe system
- One machined billet injector with integral check valve to prevent unintended flow
- Three interchangeable injector nozzles to cover a wide variety of HP levels (250cc/min, 500 cc/min & 1,000cc/min)
- Recirculation-style pump with integral fittings for quiet operation
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning
- 20 ft. of high-pressure Nylon injection tubing