Converting 1993-96 Supra turn signals to 1997+ style
Here is the MVP Motorsports Turn Signal Harness Kit. You can purchase this and 1997+ style turn signals from us here.
The 2 loose connectors also go on the left (USA-driver) side.
|1) Disconnect battery
2) Left (USA-driver) side first. Put car on a lift or jack stands on the front. Remove wheel and front lower plastic shroud. This is not mandatory but gives easier access.
3) Remove bulb from 1993-96 turn signal
|4) Remove turn signal using 8mm socket (10mm socket on some Supras)
5) Locate where the 1997+ turn signal will mount. The 1997+ turn signal has an extra bolt on the side of it that the 1993-96 does not. Hold up your 1997+ turn signal as it will mount on the car. You will notice the bolt on the side prevents you from pushing it back into the 2 holes already in your front bumper. We are pointing to this bolt with a finger in the below picture.
|6) Make a mark where the bolt is now. Using a dremel (or other tool if you do not have a dremel), make a hole about 3/8" wide and 2" long, starting at where this side bolt is currently. This hole does not have to be perfectly shaped as it will be hidden. This picture shows the hole we made and the stock turn signal harness behind it.|
|7) Cut the stock turn signal connector off (the one shown in the above picture) close to the clip. Take the harness/connector from our kit that is shown in the below picture, and cut it as shown in the below picture. You want 3-4" of wire to work with.
The below picture shows our harness/connector cut, and the stock clip you just cut off, and the extra wire. Discard the stock clip and extra wire, you will not need it.
|8) Splice the new harness/connector you just cut into the stock harness you cut. Secure with electric tape. Our picture here shows it before we put on electrical tape so you can see the wiring and splice better. We do not provide the splice pieces but suggest you use some.|
|9) Take the second harness/connector we provide and cut off the grey connector as shown in this picture.|
|10) Cut your stock parking light harness off right above the clip. Splice the previously cut harness/connector (from step 9) into your stock parking light harness you just cut. Again, finish with electrical tape.|
|11) Put the 2 new plugs we provide into their respective holes on your new 1997+ left (USA-driver) side turn signal with your turn signal and parking light bulbs installed.|
|12) Install your 1997+ turn signal using the 1993-98 nuts and washers. Clip your newly made harnesses into the turn signal, and your left side should be complete. Reconnect your battery long enough to test your turn signal and parking light. Then disconnect battery, reinstall the plastic shroud and the wheel.
13) Now for the right (USA-passenger) side. The right side IS DIFFERENT so please read!!
14) Remove your turn signal bulb and loosen the wire from its clip that holds it to your body.
15) Remove turn signal, and repeat Steps 5 and 6 from above.
16) Take the only remaining piece we have provided you with the install kit. It should be the "Y" harness with 3 connectors on it. Clip off the 3-pin connector as shown in this picture. You can discard the 3-pin connector you just cut off.
|17) Cut your stock turn signal harness just above the first connector as shown in this picture.|
|18) Remove your parking light from your headlight. Cut your stock parking light harness just below the light as shown in this picture.|
|19) Wire the new harness you cut in step 16 into BOTH the stock turn signal harness and the stock parking light harness. READ CAREFULLY BELOW!!
The black/white wire of the stock turn signal harness AND the black wire of the stock parking light harness both get spliced into the black/white wire of the new harness.
The green/yellow wire of the stock turn signal harness splices into the green/black wire of the new harness.
The green wire of the stock parking light harness splices into the green wire of the new harness.
When you are done it looks like this. Your color of bulbs may be different depending on what turn signal kit you have purchased.
|20) Install your 1997+ turn signal and the lights. Reconnect your battery and test both lights. After verifying all your lights work, reinstall the plastic shroud and wheel and tighten your battery. Installation complete.|