Some industries such as mining, oil refinery, forestry, mobile welding, septic removal and refueling require some vehicles to have an emergency engine shutdown in place. The most effective method for this is to cut the air supply to the Diesel engine ensuring fuel ignition to cease. With BDs Emergency Engine Shutdown, an inline butterfly valve is placed in the air intake line and when activated by its heavy duty electrical solenoid, the engine will shutdown within seconds.
Standard applications include automatic over-speed electronics and CAC pipes included for some vehicles. The butterfly valve design reduces the number of parts and the overall size as compared to competitive units. Aluminum and stainless components plus weatherproof electrical connectors are used to prevent corrosion. Easy installation with no welding needed for hose retaining beads by utilizing innovative bead boot locks.
- 2004-2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500 HD V8 6.6 LLY Engine
- 2005-2010 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500 HD V8 6.6
- 2004-2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 V8 6.6 LLY Engine
- 2005-2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 V8 6.6
- 2007-2007 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 CLASSIC V8 6.6
- 2007-2010 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 HD V8 6.6
- 2004-2004 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD V8 6.6 LLY Engine
- 2005-2010 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD V8 6.6
- 2004-2004 GMC SIERRA 3500 V8 6.6 LLY Engine
- 2005-2006 GMC SIERRA 3500 V8 6.6
- 2007-2010 GMC SIERRA 3500 HD V8 6.6